Sunday, February 07, 2016

PROJECT OF SUMMER PAST.

     Well, I finally think I got inspired after noticing it had been well over a year since I posted on my blog.  Next came the problem of where to start again.  I decided to just run with what appealed to me.
     This past summer, while I was wonderfully and happily lost and busy amid my flower and vegetable gardens,  David decided to make his own bread and butter pickles, a favorite in this house. 
     Maxine, a close friend (actually part of our extended family) gifted us with a jar of the home-made goodies.  They were so delicious David got her recipe and whipped up a batch.  They sat on the deck for five days during the initial process.  Then they were brought into the house and sliced and "pickled".  They were so good David made several batches.
     Home-made food is especially delightful in the middle of a Maine winter.  The taste and crispness bring back sunny summer memories.


No comments: