Friday, July 08, 2016

 BACK TO THE EARTH.

      I love the summer when I can spend most of my time outside working in our gardens and tending to the lawn and flowers  It is a kind of Zen experience for me.  No frets, no worries - just the earth and the growing things; the bees, the birds and the butterflies.
     Over the years our raised gardens have increased to three and I manage to get a good crop out of them along with some beautiful flowers.  Our peas do very well and always look so green, lush and healthy.  I like to mix flowers and herbs in with the veggies so there is a pleasant scent in the air.
      Last year we lost out second crop of peas to the deer which now over-run the island.  So - this season David put in an electric fence and so far our produce has not been molested.
      I accidentally touched the fence once when it was on and I am convinced that a deer needs only one jolt to learn this is a no trespass zone.



No comments: