Sunday, September 19, 2010

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES
Here are a few shots of the old cage elevator in the famous Transit Building. I can well remember riding up in it with my mother to see the pediatrician. The nice lady who ran the elevator always wore white gloves and had a little fold down stool to sit on. I can still here her say, "Just one moment please" as she juggled the controls to make the elevator perfectly even and level with the floor landing. I seem to recall she usually had a lollipop for me too.

4 comments:

Ham549 said...

Where is this elevator located?

Ham549 said...

Where is this elevator located?

Bits Of Me said...

Ham549 - The elevator is located in an old business building in downtown Oil City, PA. I remember riding up in it as a child going to the doctor. Sorry about taking so long to respond. The said building is now a sort-of co-op art building with many galleries and very impressive.

Tang Hong said...

This is a very beautiful antique elevator, full of wonderful details! Thanks for sharing!