Sunday, January 01, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR

     2016 was not the best of years although it did have it's high points.  A lot of  big name personalities passed away.  Our government took an about face and seems to be going in the wrong direction.
     Politics became very personal and ugly this year.  I am sad to see the Obama Era fade into the past.  It looks like scary things are on the horizon.  I have made an effort to turn myself off politics and go with the flow.  I will try to remain aware and I will support the causes I believe it.  And - I will pray that the man in charge of out country for the next four years does not destroy it.
    The maple leaf and the sardine were dropped from The Tides building at midnight for the joy of a moderate crowd in Bank Square.  It was cool and rainy and not too comfortable.
     Today begins a new day and a new year.  I hope we will see positive improvements in our government and in our attitudes toward one another.
     I heard a phrase from a friend, Katherine Cassidy, and it has stuck in my mind.  "Do what you can when you can where you can with what you have."  Perhaps my new mantra?


No comments: